The Loop

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Peek-A-Boo!

It's not easy being unemployed. Since my unemployment, which went into effect Tuesday at about 6:30PM, I have been on the run. Wednesday was spent jumping the waves with Daniel and Arye off the shore of Netanya. Collecting seashells with Ephraim, watching Nava water the sand with fresh water from the showers, comparing freckles with Aviva, and watching the kids with Mom & Dad. Dinner was with Mom, Dad, David, and Shany in one of Jerusalem's finest, but not on our favorite list. Thursday I woke up as if I had to still go to an office early in the morning so I could be ontime for the bus from Milaine's inlaws (which didn't leave until about an hour late). The drive up was a lot of fun, with Nava switching between her parents' car and the bus with me. We picniced for lunch by a river, hiked up and down the Arabel, and then BBQ'ed with R' Shimon Bar Yochai. Milaine let me cut her sons hair, and then I went to Maalot for Shabb(at/os). Friday it was back to the beach to splash with Naomi, Avigail and Yehudah. I lost the sandcastle building contest to Mom. (Naftali did try to help me by smashing Mom's - but she recovered before the waves). Maalot Shabb was great. Kids were, well, wonderfully rambuctious. I beat everyone in scrabble (by everyone I mean Mom, Dad, and Sim). We looked for descruction and found it at the new ice-cream parlor, now without windows. Sim & Golda pointed out a missing roof on a house. Anyway...I think that sums me up in a nutshell....help help! i'm in a nutshell...
In other news, I have called a travel agent to see 'bout getting me a ticket.
Looks like my plans are to be in the States from the 3rd to the 17th...Detroit starting on the 7th.
Pizza here! gotta run!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home