The Loop

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Natalie Will Have a Boo Boo

I felt like I should keep my title in the spirit of the last few so there ya go.
Ah yes, and now the story behind it.
Here's the official Keeping You In The Loop update!

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and BARUCH HASHEM the baby is healthy and I am healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, as par for the course with this pregnancy, Baby decided to complicate things. When I woke up that morning I felt a very suspicious bump on the side of my belly and thought to myself wow, that feels like a head. But the baby is supposed to be head down so let's see what the doc says. Maybe I'm wrong.

The doctor did all the usual doctor stuff and then brought in the ultrasound machine because she said she didn't feel a head. Sure enough, when she checked with the ultra sound - that bump on my side was the baby's head. Then she looked around for the spine and the bottom parts. She found the spine facing down with the bottom parts tucked up nicely on top. No wonder I have been feeling feet in my ribs. :)

So, what does this all mean you may be wondering.

Well, normally they would try to manually turn the baby which from what I hear is really painful and no party. But I will never know because they don't want to do it on someone who has had a previous c-section. So they are going to let sleeping babies lie. :) Or however you want to phrase that.

And unless Baby turns by itself, they are going to do a scheduled C-section. Which is of course going to fall out on Pesach unless we can see if they will push it off to my due date. I will ask on Tuesday.

One more little piece of info and this has become my biggest concern ever since I have started accepting the fact that I will have to have another c-section. If the baby stays in the position that it is in now (transverse with spine down) they can't do the incision on top of my old one. Meaning on top of old scar tissue and most important on top of dead nerves. So less pain during recovery. That was a horizontal incision and they will have to do a vertical incision this time. BOO!! So a whole new area to be painful during recovery AND a vertical incision also means any future children will definitely have to be born via c-section.

So, if you could add me and baby to your davening it would be very much appreciated. We've got about 2 1/2 weeks for it to turn and ideally I want baby to be head down so I can try for a regular delivery but at this point I am even hoping for a breech baby so they can at least do the horizontal cut.

And now you are In The Loop!!!

3 Comments:

  • So it'll look like "x marks the spot?"

    My pout is with you, Darling. Call if you need to b______, I mean "vent".

    By Blogger Veev, at 3:03 PM  

  • ok im never having children.
    maybe ill just buy a horse instead.

    By Blogger SHEV, at 2:02 PM  

  • Will you name it "Sam?"

    By Blogger Veev, at 3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home