The Loop

Sunday, June 24, 2007

uh oh

my hard drive crashed! that means i had to spend 1 week talking to compaq trying to get some crazy Indian to understand that my computer is still under warranty and that i bought it in july and not in March. after i unsuccessfully tried that, i had office depot call them and tell them the same thing which then worked. so i called finally on friday and got to speak to a non-indian named darwin , the indians had names such as gracie, mark, and tom. gracie had never heard of office depot at which point i told her that it was a big store in AMERICA. and maybe i can talk to a supervisor at which point she told me that due to heavy call volumes i would not be able to . i asked her if in her entire indian com[pany there wasnt anybody above her to tlk to and she repeated that due to heavy call volumes there was no one available. back to my story on friday, darwin got confused when he told me that my hard drive was failing and i needed a new one which was under warranty and he can get it to me in just under 3 weeks. because its on backorder. i told that was unacceptable and i needed it sooner and im sure there are 3rd party places where they can get me my new hard drive. he put me on hold for 5 minutes and then said he can get me one for 235 dollars i told him, that since its under warrantythere would be no charge, and he said now you are confusing me, so i requested a supervisor who was promptly put on the phone 10 minutes later. he couldnt (wouldnt ) help me so i asked for HIS supervisor. she said theres nothing they can do to make the hard drive come faster but she will personally look after the order to make sure i get it as soon as possible. i talked with her about customer service and how to actually help a customer but she didnt seem interested in what i had to say,
so to sum it all up, DONT BUY HP COMPAQ COMPUTERS, and the office depot guy told me TOSHIBA is a lot worse than HP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home