The Loop

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Keeping you all in the loop...

I'll start with this. Everyone in this story is fine.

My littlest and I picked up Veev and the boy from the airport this morning. Our trip back to Modiin was uneventful. At the first intersection in Modiin I went through a green light. The woman coming from my left went through the light right before I did, and the driver behind her (as well as the driver) said that the light was not working. I broadsided her car. Both airbags deployed, and the car spun out of control.

Police were there within seconds to help manage the scene. We were taken by ambulance to a hospital in Ramla whose name I forget. Veev and I had chest X-rays taken. Veev also bruised her knee pretty badly, and it is currently bandaged. She also had an ultrasound. Our youngest had X-rays,and I believe the boy did too.

All X-rays were nagative, although all four of us are feeling very bruised, and you can see the seatbelt mark on several of us. That is, if you are looking under shirts. I don't recommend that though. It might not be appreciated.

Their were no injuries in the car I hit, and the chiloni woman kept saying how it was the nine days.

5 Comments:

  • Good to hear everyone is OK

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 3:24 PM  

  • what would you expect the chiloni person to be saying?

    By Blogger 2R, at 5:30 PM  

  • define chiloni

    By Blogger docyaak, at 7:34 PM  

  • in my experience, secular jews in the US wouldnt know what the nine days were if you beat them over the head with it

    By Blogger Air Time, at 12:08 AM  

  • Most people here know. My Dad said his boss used to ask him whether someone had died, or it was "that time of the year" when he saw him unshaved.

    By Blogger Shlomo, at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home