The Loop

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Yesterday

Part one of move is over... meaning my 5 room apartment is now packed into a room in my friend's Yael's apartment waiting for the 15th when we can move into our new place :) When I woke up yesterday I thought that the storage room was going to be the back room in my apartment - but when I left my apartment I found a note from my crazy landlady that killed that plan... aparently there was a bit of miscommunication going on. So, I finished packing (yes, of course I was still packing the day of my move) and set out to find a place to stash all of my stuff... Thank Gd for great friends - Yael and her roommates agreed to let me impose on them. Next step was to find movers - I was told it would be impossible to find movers for the same day (by one of the movers I called). I came up with a brilliant plan to rent a van! But the car rental places told us we couldn't rent one that day. Hmmm. Then Shlomo came and saved the day! He helped us find movers (who didn't come until after midnight - so the other mover guy was right - it was pretty impossible), but we needed to be out of the apartment by midnight... so at 11:30ish I started calling friends to help carry down our stuff, with the crazy landlady taking pictures of the whole thing... without going into too many details... the police with the lollypop told our landlady we were doing our best, and told us to give her some water. My friends are great, and my finace is amazing, patient, calming, and I don't know what I would've done without him.

Shlomo, now you can add whatever comments you want ;)

So, what did you do yesterday?

9 Comments:

  • so you didn't like the bus idea. I guess some ideas are better than others.

    By Blogger Rolling hills of green, at 6:27 AM  

  • What's a "finace"?

    By Blogger Veev, at 9:22 AM  

  • sorry I couldn't come. I was working from before I talked to you until midnight when I told Dad I wouldn't be able to finish...

    By Blogger stillruleall, at 10:44 AM  

  • So, what we learned yesterday is:
    1. Sarra's ex-landlady needs to be committed (seeing is believing...)
    2. Sarra has friends she can impose on, but would much rather not
    3. Friends with cars are the best.
    4. Moving in the early morning hours (midnight - 3 AM) can be fun... or not.
    Did I forget anything?
    :-)

    By Blogger Shlomo, at 11:05 AM  

  • veev she meant fine ass but didn't want to write that.
    sarr. you shouldn't be writing things like that in a public forum.

    By Blogger rockofgalilee, at 3:04 PM  

  • watch out sim you might be censored again!!

    By Blogger docyaak, at 7:26 PM  

  • Thanks for the clarification, Sim!

    By Blogger Veev, at 9:26 PM  

  • sim, i think we need bonding time.

    By Blogger SHEV, at 12:58 PM  

  • 3 years later, I'm surprised no one commented on the lollipopped police office...
    We just finished packing our Horkanya apartment... it's 2:30 am and i need to go to sleep.

    By Blogger 2R, at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home