The Loop

Saturday, December 19, 2009

And she's off

Nat took off to the airport tonight, despite the cries and pleas of our eldest, and she is en route to the U.S.

Some highlights of my first bedtime as a single dad.
Jonah was wailing mommy, kalya, mommy, kayla I miss you. I went in and told him that I'm also sad, and Sammy is sad, but you have to go to sleep. Sammy interrupted and said, "I'm not sad"

The next time I went into the room to calm Jonah down, sammy informed me that "h"he needs his mommy, he doesn't need his daddy"

After lot of crying, all is now quiet, and I think Jonah has fallen asleep, Sammy is still awake and playing in his bed.
I'm going to have a L'chayim, and drink to the next few weeks passing by quickly.
Goodnight

4 Comments:

  • No no. You need to stay alert. You're the sole responsible adult in the house now.

    By Blogger Veev, at 2:53 PM  

  • i think it will be sadder when they stop crying for their mommy. but i think after hours drinking is not only a benefit but a must!

    By Blogger docyaak, at 8:13 PM  

  • Shu is a responsible adult?

    By Blogger Shlomo, at 12:17 PM  

  • I know.... ;-)

    By Blogger Veev, at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home