The Loop

Monday, July 25, 2005

From WWJ

I am now listening only to talk-radio which I hate, by the way, but it's the three weeks, so you know why. Anyway, I heard a commentator describe the personality of one of the individuals who bombed London. It went something like this:

The leader held meetings and events in mosques and community centers to bring youth back to religion. He was outgoing, friendly, and the parents really liked him. He was very serious about using entertaining means with which to reach out to the kids. He would take groups of teenagers to retreats and fun activities such as white-water rafting in order to form a bond with them. The reason he was doing this was to get the kids to trust him.

One of those kids strapped a plastic explosive to his body 2 weeks ago, as were the orders of his leader.

And we thought NCSY was brainwashing.

10 Comments:

  • i am "b'shock"! Since when would Veev endure listening to possible news coverage?

    By Blogger 2R, at 5:02 PM  

  • I know. But I'm almsot cured. See? You don't even need to come babysit me anymore....

    By Blogger Veev, at 5:58 PM  

  • Does this mean that Sarra fits a terrorist's profile?

    By Blogger Heidi, at 11:01 AM  

  • Yup

    By Blogger Veev, at 1:26 PM  

  • I have inside information to the knowledge that Sarra, while maybe fits a terrorist profile, is not a terrorist.

    By Blogger 2R, at 5:02 PM  

  • No one said she was a terrorist.

    By Blogger Veev, at 9:50 PM  

  • I forgot we use blog names in blogsphere.

    S2: dont be suprised if "Sarra" gets her bags searched in the air port since she fits the profile.

    maybe they will interview me, and I can say all those nice things about you. Um... I mean... about Sarra.

    By Blogger Heidi, at 11:15 PM  

  • Heidi, maybe you fit the profile too. Do you have an FBI record?

    By Blogger Veev, at 11:28 AM  

  • ya know, I reread your post... it was the kid who exploded himself, not the "advisor". Hm.

    By Blogger Heidi, at 7:56 PM  

  • Curiouser and curiouser...

    By Blogger Veev, at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home