The Loop

Friday, December 02, 2005

Gay stores, lying about my age, just another day at the office

I spent the morning in Ypsilanti, I had a few meetings that hopefully went well. I arrived a about a half hour early for one of the meetings, so I decided I would check out what was in the area, perhaps a store that wants to advertise on my buses.

I saw this one store called Eklectic, I assumed it was a gift shop, and thought maybe thy would be interested in a sign, for mothers day, or if they do something quick enough the end of the holiday rush.

I walk in the smell of incense is in the air, and I notice that right when you walk in are some rainbow stuff, gay pride and what not. As I continue to walk through the store, the guy behind the counter asks "You come here straight from Synagogue? " I tell him no, I was in the area, and his store looked interesting, so I stopped by.

He informed that they don't get a lot of Jews in his store, at leaset not wearing a Yarmulke (I dint remember if he said Yarmulke or something else) It was about then I realized that the whole store was a gay store, not really someplace that would advertise on a bus. They didn't have dirty things in their, just regular old gay things.

Then I went to my meeting, I was 15 minutes early, but it was cold outside, and if I had to wait, at least it would be in a heated building.

This place was a medical center, designed for teens -21 year olds. The woman who I was meeting with came and looked me over. She asked how old I was, and as always it too a second for me to think, but finally came up with teh correct 24 years old.

She turned to the receptionist and asked if she thought I could pass as 21. They decided that Indeed I could pass as 21. Then they explained to me what was up. The Eastern Michigan Student newspaper was doing a story on them, and they (the clinic) wanted to have a picture of both males and females, unfortunately there were only females in at that time.

They asked me if I minded pretending like I was being examined so the photographer could take my picture. I had no problem, and they put me on a scale and weighed and measured me, and they got some nice pictures of me. I had to lie to the reporter and tell him I was 21, I hope he didn't mind.

My meeting after that went smoothly, they should agree to a contract with us in the next week or so, I will keep you updated

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home