The Loop

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Actual Conversation

This morning in the car, as I was driving Air to work, my sister texted me from England. While I was driving and freaking Air out, I texted her back. This was the conversation as we pulled up slowly to the office building:

-Can you promise me something?
-What, Hon?
-That you won't text on your way home.
-But I'm a really good...
-Yeah yeah, I know. But here's the thing. If you get into an accident on your way home, I'm pretty sure one of us will survive the crash. And then I'll get a phone call from the kids in about an hour saying, "Mommy didn't come back". And since we only have one car, I'll have to walk home.

Aww, warms the heart, don't it?

3 Comments:

  • Glad to see you survived the ride home.

    And in fairness, I don't think anyone should text message other people while they are driving. Not just Veev. But since she affects my life most directly, I said it to her. If anyone wants to text while they are driving, and find themselves part of the pavement because they weren't watching the roadm well, that is a choice that you made.

    By Blogger Air Time, at 11:09 AM  

  • texting costs 10 cents

    By Blogger SHEV, at 2:20 PM  

  • I pay for a certain amount of texting per month.

    By Blogger Veev, at 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home