The Loop

Monday, March 06, 2006

no straw cowboy hats

I've been to 3 toy stores, all of them full of purim costumes and not a one of them had straw cowboy hats. It looks like we're going to have to have a non-traditional Purim and wear something other then straw cowboy hats. I'm also picking up the costume for dad this year, so this is a real problem.

I have found straw chinaman hats. The querstion is would that be a viable replacement for the straw cowboy hat? There is no chinese tradition in our family other then the fact that a lot of Zacks' have slanted eyes. Also some of mom's side married Philipinos which are like chinese folks except they don't eat rice. On the other hand, it is a straw hat.

It is a tough decision and I'll probably check a couple other stores before fianlly settling on whatever they have left at the store an hour before Megilla reading when I finally decide.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home