The Loop

Friday, October 13, 2006

Tiyul

I took the kids yesterday on a Tiyul with our Shul. (Hey that rhymes) Arye had to work, so I packed us all in the car with lunch, snacks and new (reusable) water bottles, and we headed up to Haifa. The small road we went off onto was winding and beautiful. Incidentally, it was also the road we ended up on by accident last Friday on our way to Maalot. And it was just a scenic. But this time, I was going the right way. You know how when you do something stupid, you always think you're making the same mistake whenever you see the same thing again? Well for the first 20 minutes, I thought I was lost again. But, I actually was on the exact right path. The directions weren't very clear, and every Shul member who tried to get there got lost in the end, but we all made it.

The Tiyul is a path through a forest and had a long suspended bridge at the end. Which sways. Since the only thing I'm not afraid of is heights, I loved it. The kids also really enjoyed, and I made some new friends at Shul. Everyone who came I already knew, but I got to know them on a different level which was good.

We lost a kid, not mine, and when we found her, we all started breathing again.

For my Detroit family - I don't like the elements - no picnics, camping out, skiing - but I love hiking!!

1 Comments:

  • dont you know reusable water bottles are just a plethora of bacteria!!!!
    glad you had fun write down all the fun hikes so when we come with moshiach you'll remember where to take us!

    By Blogger docyaak, at 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home