The Loop

Thursday, January 25, 2007

OK Zacks' We need a letter written. I just got the bill for damages at Crystal Mountain with the "Jacuzzi" experience. They want me to pay $238.00 damages.
I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF CREATIVE JUICES OUT THERE JUST WAITING TO FIRE OFF A LETTER AND I WILL CHOOSE THE BEST OF THE BEST. WE WILL FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE or water with water. WHEN WE ARE DONE WITH THEM THEY WILL BE SEND ING US A CHECK AND A LETTER OF APPOLOGY BEGGING US TO COME BACK TO THEIR JACUZZI. I just dont know exactly how we are going to do this so i am awaiting for your letters. Thank you - the administration.
HERE ARE THE FACTS
1- THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE JACUZZI READ - FILL WATER LEVEL TO ABOVE JETS AND BELOW DRAIN- NO MENTION THAT WE SHOULD DIRECT THE JETS DOWNWARD!
2- I FILLED THE JACUZZI AND LEFT AN UNNAMED 16 YR OLD GIRL ALONE WITH THE "J"
3 A SHORT TIME LATER THERE WAS A CALL FROM THE 16 YR OLD GIRL TO 'HOUSTON' SOMETHING HAS GONE WRONG
4- THE ROOM AND BASEMENT UNDERNEATH LOOKED LIKE THE CITY OF ATLANTIS AFTER THE BUBBLE BROKE.
THERE YOU HAVE IT- I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR HELP

8 Comments:

  • Here's the part I don't get. After Shev turned on the water it started shooting all around? Why didn't she turn it off?

    By Blogger stillruleall, at 2:49 AM  

  • thats the million dollar question

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 9:08 AM  

  • ah but she says she did!

    By Blogger docyaak, at 1:57 AM  

  • I TURNED IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

    By Blogger SHEV, at 4:29 PM  

  • Will the winning letter be posted on the blog?

    By Blogger DonutsMom, at 9:18 AM  

  • Dear Crystal Mountain,

    Before I pay for the damage the Jaccuzi, may or may not, have caused. I ask you to do me a favor. Turn on a jacuzzi for a five minutes, turn the jets upward for a minute or two.

    I am willing to bet that the water won't break through the basement ceiling. There had to be previous damage from the jacuzzi to cause the damage this damage.

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 11:17 AM  

  • I don't understand what $238.00 could possibly pay for. They obviously aren't charging you for fixing the basement floor.

    By Blogger rockofgalilee, at 12:59 AM  

  • Enclosed is the payment for damages to the condo.

    I would like you to mail it back to me!. There was NO negligence on our part in this unfortunate accident. If there was any negligence ,I would feel completely responsible.
    I followed the instructions next to the Jacuzzi completely. It explicitly said that the only instructions were to make sure that the water was above the jets and below the drainage. I did that. There was no mention that the jets should be pointed downward to prevent an overflow!
    If I had left the Jacuzzi unattended, that would be negligent, but I didn’t. There was a 16 yr old in the room with the Jacuzzi at all times. If the 16 yr old didn’t react in a normal manner and didn’t try to stop the overflow immediately that would have been negligent but she reacted as fast as she could and did turn off the jets as quick as possible.
    If I hadn’t notified the office immediately, that would have been negligent , but we called immediately. If I didn’t co-operate completely with office that would have been negligent but we let them in and co-operated completely. In short- we did everything properly and therefore I am not responsible for this accident.
    Perhaps better instructions on the Jacuzzi would have prevented this accident.

    I am very disappointed in Crystal Mountain’s reaction however!
    My vacation was partialy ruined due to this. After a long day of sking- relaxing in a Jacuzzi was looked forward to by myself and my guests. A true RESORT would have offered to make amends for our loss. A reduction in our room rate would have been reasonable or an invitation to spend another night to make up for the disastrous night that we had experienced.
    I think a reasonable resolution to this situation is that you should apply the refund that you should have offered me, to cover the damages.


    Joel Zacks
    15914 Jeanette
    Southfield,mi
    48075

    By Blogger dad, at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home