The Loop

Monday, April 16, 2007

It's a BOY !!!




So here is how it all went down..

Nat and I got up around 5:00 AM and headed to Providence Hospital to have our baby. We got there around 5:30, Filled out the registration stuff and got moved into the Recovery Room. We hung out there for a while, the nurse came in and talked to us, and the Dr came in also. Around 7:30 the Anesthesiologist came and chatted with us, and then took Nat for his spinal. Nat told him that her last spinal wasn't any fun, and this guy said he would do a better job (Which he did)

After Nat left I had about 20 minutes of hanging out in the recovery room, so I Davened, soon after I was done, in came the nurse and told me I was allowed to go to the OR. The OR was interesting, Nat looked like a disembodied head, there was a partition that went from her neck up, so all I saw was her head.


Around 8:10 we were told they were just about done, which was done, because Nat was feeling a bit nauseous, I was told if I wanted to I could look over the partition and see the baby come out. Initially I didn't want to, but I stood up anyways. It was like the scene in Spaceballs, at the end when Lone star and Barf are at the lounge, and the little alien comes out of the guys chest, except the baby didn't pull out a top hat and do a dance. But he was half in her stomach and then they pulled it out. Then I saw his manhood, or boyhood, and told Nat it was a boy.


After he got cleaned, me and Jr. went back to recovery and hung out.

Nat enjoyed, not sure if that's the right word, this C-Section much better than last time, when they put in the spinal, they also shot her up with enough morphine to let her stay pain free for 18-24 hours. She was nauseous at time,s but usually awake and in good spirits.

Jonah seems excited, tho he hasn't been to the hospital yet, he went shopping with mom and picked out so sports themed bibs and jammies. He recieved a Detroit Tigers baseball bat and ball, and a football for being teh big brother. He wasn't thrilled that I didnt come home last night, but I promised him when I put him to bed that I would be here when he wakes up, and we'll go see the baby.

If anyone is still reading this megillah I am impressed !!! You are rewarded with a bonus picture

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home