The Loop

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

MY ISRAEL STORY

This is a great Israel story

3 months ago when we went to Israel to meet Shlomo, I left my siddur , a small art scroll, at the kotel the day we were leaving . On this trip I went back to the kotel hoping that I would find my siddur because who would take a siddur from the kotel but alas I did not find it. On my return home yesterday there was a package from bnei brak. Someone found my siddur on hoshana raba and mailed it back to me. WOW. I am so impressed. Mom said we should send a thank you note and reimburse him for the cost of shipping. I am not sure about reimbursing him because it may seem insulting to him. It did cost about 20 shekels. What is your opinion- Should I send him back the postage or perhaps send it with a note saying that if he didnt want the payback to give it to tzedakah. I await your opinion
DAD

9 Comments:

  • Definitely send him money and tell him to "pay it forward" if he doesn't want it.

    By Blogger Veev, at 2:46 AM  

  • that is so nice.
    I say pay him or make a donation in his name type of thing.

    By Blogger Rolling hills of green, at 8:57 AM  

  • Good story. I agree, send the money with a nice thank you. If he wants to, he'll put it in Tzdaka - you don't need to tell him that...

    By Blogger Shlomo, at 5:34 PM  

  • send him back the siddur and tell him thanks but you bought a new one

    By Blogger docyaak, at 7:13 PM  

  • I think just a nice letter explaining how much it ment to you for him to return it and how you even went back to look for it. I think reading the enjoyment you got from his mitzva is pleasure enough.

    By Blogger M and G but mostly M, at 9:34 AM  

  • if you don' mind can you ask him if he can find my camera also?

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 12:01 PM  

  • Shu, did you ever call the Russian Compound?

    By Blogger hostess, at 1:12 PM  

  • Hostess, if that is your real name, We called the Russian Compound and they told us to call som other place, and the other place laughed at us:( and then wrote up a report

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 3:46 PM  

  • also i lost my passport a while back...
    do ya think he can find it for me?

    By Blogger SHEV, at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home