The Loop

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Happy Rosh Chodesh to everyone. We had a magnificent time skiing. Next year we should all do it again on Har Hermon. With all modesty I would like to report that I won an award at Crystal Mountain for being the oldest skier who didnt fall down even one time!. I would also like to report that the hot tub did not overflow this year. B"H"
At my chumash shiur last week we debated for over 20 minutes about the correct english phrase- does one say " Dress Warmly" or "Dress Warm". I told Rabbi Lauer to dress warmly and he corrected me. The final vote of the shiur was 6 to 1 against Rabbi Lauer but he wouldnt give in ( dangling participle ?)
I need an immediate answer to this question. When Adar comes in we increase simcha. does that also go on Adar rishon. I need to know by tomorrow morning because Im not sure how to behave . If Daniel can answer this question I would be very pleased
Have a great ROSH CHODESH
the DAD

4 Comments:

  • YAY!!!skiing in israel..that'll be fun

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 11:27 PM  

  • Yes, its still Adar even if its split

    By Blogger Air Junior, at 12:19 AM  

  • I'm all for Dressing Warmly, Skiing in Israel, and of course mishnichnas Adar marbim b'simcha... two adars just means more simcha! :)

    By Blogger 2R, at 4:30 AM  

  • Since some halachot apply in Adar Aleph as well (see the very end of Shulchan Aruch Orach Chaim), you should definitely avoid a safek & be extra happy...

    By Blogger Shlomo, at 5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home