The Loop

Sunday, May 18, 2008

the conundrum

devo and i went shopping today at Target and as we parked our car (clifford) she noticed that someone had left an entire large box of huggies Diapers underneath the cart. i said hey lookie here what we just found, and she said first of all we dont even use size 4 but it belongs to someone and they will probably come back to look for them. i said that s rediculous and there is no reason why halachically we could not take it for hu and nat who do use that size diaper. in the end devo made me return it ( it will probably just get put back on the shelf) and now target get to make MORE money. i feel this was the wrong thing to do and we should have kept the box of diapers .
what do yoooooooou think?

4 Comments:

  • Thank G-d there are wives!!

    By Blogger Rolling hills of green, at 3:47 AM  

  • This is a conundrum?

    By Blogger Shlomo, at 5:04 AM  

  • I once left Farmer Jack eating a bag of Kissables (wow, I really want Kissables now...). I didn't realize I hadn't paid for them until I got home. The next time I went back there, I tried to give the Customer Service person 75 cents. It took me literally 5 minutes to convince her to take it. Always return stuff you found or took by accident, or pay for it.

    If nothing else, what a wonderful Kidush Hashem! He could certainly use our help in this semi-Godless world...

    By Blogger Veev, at 8:35 AM  

  • That's ridiculous.
    It certainly didn't belong to Target. They are the last people who should get it. You should have either left it in the parking lot and either they or another poor family would have come and taken it or kept it yourself.

    By Blogger rockofgalilee, at 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home