The Loop

Sunday, October 12, 2008

to be silent or not to be silent- that is the bracha

O K this is the whole story. What is a bracha- It is a tephilla between a person and Hashem. The tephilla is that Hashem should open the "pipeline" between heaven and the recipient of the bracha wider so that more of what ever is needed is provided. It has nothing to do with the recipient. Therefore when I make a bracha , ( just like shoma esra) I do it quietly. Hashem hears it!!. Mom went and called the Rabbi- Should you make a Bracha out loud so that the recipient can say Amen? The rabbi said YES. So therefore- everyone who got a bracha after the rabbi poskimed got an out-loud bracha and those who got the bracha before the Rabbi poskimed got a quiet bracha. I still think that i'm right

THE DAD

4 Comments:

  • can we get the story straight, please.....
    I asked the rabbi if the blessing the children should be silent or out loud and HE said that of course you say it out loud so the child can hear the bracha and say AMEN. his words, not mine.

    By Blogger mom, at 9:54 PM  

  • When I Bentched our kids I said it out loud and had them read it along with me so they would know what I was blessing them with. I think an "Amen" without any idea what your agreeing to, is empty.

    By Blogger Veev, at 2:14 AM  

  • I say it so my kids can't hear it:(

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 3:44 AM  

  • i think it's interesting that you spell tefilla with a ph

    By Blogger 2R, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home