The Loop

Friday, March 12, 2010

Story

Nava went to a birthday party across the street today. Arye walked her there and told her that when it was over at 2, she should walk home alone. I was pretty busy cooking for Shabbos, and didn't realize until 2:45, when I looked at the clock, that I hadn't seen her yet. So I called the mom of the birthday girl, thinking that Nava must have overstayed her welcome. She said, "Nava? She went home ages ago. She left with someone. No one has been here for half an hour."

I started freaking out and suddenly Nava popped up out of nowhere. I told the mom that she just got home and hung up. Nava said to me, "I didn't just get home. I've been home for a long time. I was in my room." So I burst out crying and sent her back to her room. She came down a little bit later and apologized.

I have no idea why I told this story. Have a good Shabbos.

5 Comments:

  • good story

    By Blogger docyaak, at 9:43 AM  

  • why did she get in trouble?

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 6:53 PM  

  • She snuck in the house and I had no idea she was here. We now have a new policy. When you walk in the door, you must announce yourself.

    By Blogger Veev, at 4:09 PM  

  • Its gonna be tough to enforce that policy once they start getting home after you have gone to bed!

    By Blogger sabarich, at 8:55 PM  

  • Oh my gosh - Thanks for posting that once you found her....I cant breathe even thinking about it....

    By Blogger AuntieLeez, at 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home