The Loop

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Visiting the cemetery

A friend of mine was in Israel over the past few days for the Yarzheit of his father, the plan was that we'd meet up at the cemetery so he can daven mincha and do Kaddish next to the grave.

I got there a few minutes and early,and he was running a few minutes late, so I had about 30 or 40 minutes where I was just chilling at the cemetery, I decided to visit Paul Kohn, since he was at the same place, but I had no idea what one does at while hanging out by a grave. Luckily I have a tehillim app, so I said random tehillim, but I didn't know if there are specific ones to say, or random ones work. Then I thought about Paul for a minute, and I was done.



After that I just sat around on a bench for the next half hour waiting for my friend to show up wondering if there is anything else that I should do.

3 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Shlomo, at 7:41 AM  

  • For Shiva, Shlosim & Yartzeit, there is a standard minhag, you can buy little booklets for a few NIS & you can also find it online.
    Basically it's 7 prakim of Tehilim (33, 16, 17, 72, 91, 104, 130) & then the person's initials + נ-ש-מ-ה from chapter 119 (8 psukim per letter). You end with אל מלא רחמים & a tefila.
    For a random stop there isn't a specific minhag, random prakim are OK or you could do the above.

    By Blogger Shlomo, at 7:44 AM  

  • Very nice of you

    By Blogger docyaak, at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home