The Loop

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Dinner

I decided that I wanted to make Pizza for dinner tonight. We have had this Betty Crocker pizza powder (you mix it with water, and you have dough) for a while, and I decided that today was the day to use it. I walked over to the vacant home (otherwise known as the mothership, or Mom and Dads) and borrowed Mom's pizza trays, you know the ones, they are circle with little holes all over it.

I mix the dough let it sit for a few minutes, just like the instructions say to do, and when I pick it up, it's crazy sticky. I pour flour all over the place, try and throw it up in the air, but nothing so working it still way to sticky to use.

I almost gave up, but I decided I'd come this far, I would give it one more try. I get the pizza on the circle tray and stretch it out, pull it into a sort of a circle, and use a rolling pin, since parts of the "circle were far doughier than others.

I made the Pizza it looked great, until it was time to serve it. When I pressed down on the pizza in my attempt to shape it, the dough had gone through the circles. So when it baked the crust baked through the tray, making it very difficult to serve. After much work, we got the pizza of the tray, but not without a few casualties. Every piece lost most of the bottom layer of their pizza.(It may difficult to imagine this, because its not normal, so think of it like a sandwich. You got the cheese, sauce and part of the dough. Then the middle metal part, and finally the bottom layer of dough. This is what was lost.

From now on if we make pizza I think we'll just use the pre-made dough. Now my question how do I wash the tray, its got the bread stuck to it pretty tightly.

8 Comments:

  • 2 ideas:

    Spray the pan next time.

    Roll it out on the counter, not the pan.

    By Blogger Veev, at 9:37 AM  

  • I sprayed the pan, and when I rolled it on teh counter it got stuck, so when I lifted it off teh counter it ripped. It was then I decided that I had to shape it on the tray

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 9:48 AM  

  • Those mixes are awful. We tried one once. Better to use the recipe in the WOL cookbook called "quick and easy pizza." It's really fast.

    By Blogger Veev, at 11:40 AM  

  • clean tray by pusing dough through with toothpick

    By Blogger 2R, at 1:13 PM  

  • make fresh pizza and dont be so lazy!

    By Blogger docyaak, at 6:09 PM  

  • soak it in water for a few minutes and cleanup willbe easy. then put them back where you got them :)

    By Blogger mom, at 11:48 AM  

  • Thnaks for all teh advice, sar to do it your way would take forever. i did it mom's way, I soaked it, and then it was all mushy, and they i sprayed the holes out as Captain dave suggested. The only thing I didnt do was put it away yet

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 2:49 PM  

  • come to israel and 4get abt ur pizza

    By Blogger SHEV, at 6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home