The Loop

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Israel Day

We had a very full Israel day this year. First we had Aunty Barbara up to visit us, and she joined all of our activities. Erev Yom Hazmaut we started with a tekes that took forever, but finally at 10 it was Simmy's turn to light a Massouee. Simmy represented all of the past and present olim to Maalot. He was told that his hebrew was better than some of the olim that have been here for much longer.
Yom Haazmaut day we went on a 5 hour hike!!! Yes I said FIVE hours. We circled the bottom of Har Meron. It was a great hike, not too difficult, just an hour too long. Simmy came back and took Aura for the last mile or i never would have made it up the last incline. But all the ids were great. We went with two other families and Aunty Barbra, She thinks she might not join us on the next hike!
And we ended off the day with an awesome meat filled BBQ at home. We were joined by our hiking partners and two more families. I think we wee 30 in all and everyone brought meat. It was so good. I guess a FIVE hour hike really works up the appetite.
And that was our fun filled Israel day.
Did ya'll celebrate?

6 Comments:

  • yes

    By Blogger stillruleall, at 5:07 PM  

  • We celebrated yom hatzmaut in mogain avraham agudat israel shul by not saying tachanun. And the chasan Eleiezer Cohen was appreciative .

    By Blogger dad, at 7:53 PM  

  • I WORE A WHITE SHIRT AND BLUE PANTS, (AND RED UNDIES!!) CUZ REALLY I'M AMERICAN INSIDE AND ISRAELI OUTSIDE

    By Blogger docyaak, at 9:48 PM  

  • did golda really write "an awesome meat filled bbq"? my, my how the times have changed

    By Blogger docyaak, at 9:49 PM  

  • does yaakov really have red undies?

    By Blogger SHEV, at 11:37 PM  

  • Wow, little details. Sometimes I think we don't need those.
    It's like when the russian neighbors told me the reason they need the wall so high is because they like to walk around in their underwear. I told them I did not need that much Information!!

    By Blogger Rolling hills of green, at 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home