The Loop

Friday, August 24, 2007

Jonah the Hero

Jonah and I went to the T's to drop off cookies, our thanks to them for feeding us. Jonah was comfortable in his seat and asked if he could just stay in the car. I had no problem with it since I wasn't even going in the house, just a quick dropoff. I left the car on so the air would be on, and he wouldn't get hot.

When I returned the car I discovered that I somehow locked my door. All the doors auto lock when the car is on, but the drivers door unlocks when the door opens. I must have hit it with elbow when I got out of The car. ST tried a hanger, he saw it in the movies, and it worked pretty easily. But in real life, you need more than a hanger.

Our best hope was for Jonah to reach the lock and open it. But he couldn't reach it. We tried to have him unlock his car seat, but he couldn't. Then my genius son slipped his shoulders under the straps and reached out and was able to unlock the door.

This whole ordeal took a few minutes and while he was in the car he was laughing, thought it was the funniest thing. Once the door was open, and he could breathe the hot muggy air, he realized what happened, and freaked out. After an ice pop from JT, he finally calmed down and went back in the car.

3 Comments:

  • But did he get the "abused-kid" bear from the police that F got when he was locked in my car?

    By Blogger Veev, at 1:15 PM  

  • I can not believe you would leave your kid in the car, and then post on the loop and tell everyone!!

    By Blogger 2R, at 6:48 PM  

  • Can you believe the things that go on when I leave town for a couple days? Man oh man....

    By Blogger DonutsMom, at 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home