The Loop

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

as per your advice

Dear Judge,
I recently received a violation for impeding traffic. I would like to explain the situation. I was driving South on Ortonville Rd. and I had just passed a building on the East side of the street. I wanted to go to that building which housed the North Oakland County Home Health Group, as I am an optometrist who makes house calls. I thought it would be good for them to know that there was eye care available to residents that have trouble getting out of their houses. I slowed down and upon ensuring that there were no cars coming in either direction I cautiously proceeded to make a U-turn. At that point in the road I did not see any streets off to the side where I could have turned into, and additionally there was no signage anywhere stating not to make any U-turns. When the officer pulled me over I was incredulous as I could not think of anything that I had done that would have caused him to pull me over. He told me that making that U-turn was illegal even though there were no signs. The officer was very kind in that he ticketed me for impeding traffic and not a moving violation; however, I am still upset at having been ticketed in the first place. I am asking that you please rescind the fine that was placed upon me and I will be more careful in the future as to where the proper places to turn are. I thank you in advance for your understanding,

1 Comments:

  • I still don't understand why you couldn't make a U-Turn there....

    But good letter and good luck.

    How much was the fine?

    By Blogger DonutsMom, at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home