The Loop

Monday, January 19, 2009

the shovel story

dad had his yellow "dewalt" shovel stolen from his front porch on their last trip (florida). in its place was aleft a dinky plastic shovel. there are a group of teens? (who should be in school) who go around all day and shovel to make money. there is nothing wrong with that. however, when dad saw "his guy" with HIS shovel, he stopped and mentioned to him that the shovel actually belonged to him and he should give it back. the shoveller responded that he bought it from a guy on the corner for $10. dad told him he was lying and that if he didnt give him back the shovel that he stole he would lose the 100's of dollars dad would have paid him to shovel his walk every time it snowed. well this got me to thinking of all the bikes that were stolen from me growing up as a kid and martin luther king day and the inauguration tomorrow. and i have come to a decision regarding this type of situation. stealing is bad and people that steal are bad too. now there are naysayers out there who say you cant prove that he stole the shovel . there are lots of yellow shovels out there, and i say to you correct there are lots of shovels out there but when the guy leaves the shovel he was shoveling with on the porch and takes the other shovel that was there then thats proof enough that it was stolen! it may not have been stolen by him but it definitiely wasnt his EVEN if he paid 10 bucks for it. happy inauguration day!

3 Comments:

  • *sigh* It's going to be a long 4 to 8 years for you, isn't it, Yaak??

    By Blogger Veev, at 12:58 AM  

  • Last falla kid knocked on my door and asked if he could rake my lawn, he was holding a hoe. I told him thanks but no thanks, I can rake it myself.
    Well when I went out later that day I noticed my nice new rake, which was on my porch, was gone and in it's a place an old hoe

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 5:13 AM  

  • So, did Dad get back his shovel?

    By Blogger Shlomo, at 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home