The Loop

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Yaeli the HERO

Hello Everyone- I know I never blog but I felt I had a story that I wanted to share with family. It actually is about family. Last week like any regular day my house was flying. Jazzi and Dyna were busy doing teen stuff. Chloe and Aiden were crawling around the house together with a respite worker in tow. I was in the basement seeing cleints and Sabian was jumping on the trampoline in the backyard. As you all know Sabian is Autistic. When his brain demands things and with out thought or care he follows through on his brains demands.

On this day Sabians brain said I want to go to the park ( the park being the one located behind the YBY preschool building). Sabi was in our back yard jumping on our trampoline when his brain recieved this command. (We allow Sabi to be in the backyard by himself as long as the gate is locked). Well, on this day the gate wasnt locked well enough and when Sabi's brain said park- lets just say our locks didnt stop him.

Sabian, left he backyard and walked down Prairie Dr. and turned left on Sherfield. When he was passing about DR Sniders house my Hero, Yaeli, saw a little boy flapping his arms, she yelled out Sabi. When he heard his name he broke out into a run. Now here is the really important and amazing part, Yaeli could of tried to run after Sabi, which she wouldnt of caught him instead she did the right thing she went into her house and told devorah. DEvorah called us, we freaked out and assembled a search party.

About 40 minutes later with the help of Yaeli, Yaakov, Devorah, Tova Grossbards and kids, Judy Ishakis and a bunch of other people Sabi was found b"h happily playing in the Yeshiva park. He had cut through the woodchip path and down to the park, DYna found him on the slide.
He did this entire trip without shoes (when he is on the trampoline he doesnt wear shoes).

This was such a scarey expereince and after calming down and rethinking the entire event I realized that it was Yaeli who really rescued Sabi. Without her I may not have known that Sabi was gone, I also wouldnt have known what direction he went in. She told her mom immediatly and that makes her my Hero. Thank you Yaeli, you did great!!

4 Comments:

  • Baruch Hashem, you found him! Kol Hakavod to Yael!!!

    By Blogger Veev, at 12:06 AM  

  • Go Yaeli! Wow, that must have been frightening.

    By Blogger Rolling hills of green, at 1:59 AM  

  • That's scary stuff!! I was meant to babysit a kid who disappeared into the park about 20 minutes before I arrived... I watched the rest of the kids as the parents and the rest of the neighborhood searched for the little missing one... It's not just Sabi... kids should come with GPS locaters!

    By Blogger 2R, at 8:44 AM  

  • Amazing, baruch hashem...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home