The Loop

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Oh $@%t!!

Jonah was playing the ball maze game on Shabbat and all the sudden he says "Oh Shit" (it sounded like "Sheet") So I said excuse me, and he said, very matter of factly that the ball fall off the rail. He had no idea what he said was a bad word. I realized in Hebrew, shit isn't considered a bad word at all, from what I gather it's pretty meaningless. So the question is, do I tell Jonah that what he said was a bad word, and bring attention to it, or do I just say that he was speaking hebrew and that it's OK for him to say it.

At the time I didn't say anything, as I didn't want to bring the attention

6 Comments:

  • It's not OK in Hebrew either.

    By Blogger Shlomo, at 1:46 PM  

  • You're the first person I've heard say that

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 2:07 PM  

  • People here use F*CK all the time, too. It doesn't make it OK.

    By Blogger Shlomo, at 6:21 PM  

  • I've heard mixed responses on the F word, but sheet has been OK'ed across the board- at least with the Israeli's that I speak with.

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 2:04 AM  

  • my son pooped , not in the toilet, and not very nicely, it was icky and up his back. should i tell him he should really make on the toilet, or should i wait until he does it again? oh it was yehuda

    By Blogger docyaak, at 7:17 PM  

  • I'd tell him know, pooping on your back and floor is gross no matter where you live

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home