The Loop

Monday, February 28, 2005

Baby Milestones

Ok, ok, I suppose it's my turn to write. First of all, kudos to Yaakov for complaining about not having a Family Blog and double kudos to Sarra for actually creating one. Now I can be in The Loop without feeling like I am spending way too much time that I don't have on the computer. Um, so what to write about? I suppose the most pressing issue in my life right now is those two awful little white bumps appearing in my son's mouth. That is, his bottom teeth.
For the past two months, most of the people I speak to who try to make "Mommy" conversation ask "So, is he getting teeth yet?" And me, being the naive parent that I very much am, always answer, "Well, we don't see them yet but they must be coming because he drools alot and chews on EVERYTHING!" And every day I waited for the appearance of those teeth. I was soo excited! Silly, silly me. I kind of wish they would go back in.
Jonah was JUST starting to sleep through the night for the most part and kind of on some sort of a schedule and then BAM -here come the teeth and it's all thrown out of wack! All our hard work for nothing?
Now I find myself dreaming of the days when he would wake up in the middle of the night and need his pacifier to be put back into his mouth or even need to have a midnight (or 2,3, or 4am snack). Because now he wakes up in the middle of the night many times SCREAMING like he is reliving his bris!! Youch! Anyway, it's not fun. So I turn to you seasoned parents and say...................HELP!!! Any tips, suggestions, words of love and wisdom?
Um, so that's my life right now. Oh yah, and we are going to Pittsburgh on Tuesday which should be a nice little vacation type thing. I hope to spend some time with my cousin Tammy who just moved there from Santa Cruz. I bet she's just loving the weather! She has a baby a month older than Jonah (also named David after my dad but they actually call him Dovid). And I'm going to see the Hillel production of Newsies which should be interesting (they switched it around so the main guy is the Jewish kid - played by Talya Seidman). And most importantly, hopefully Shauli will get a job. I mean I guess he has the job but let's hope it becomes official............. but that's for him to write about in his blog.
So, that's my post for today. And to all a good night...............
Love ya, Nat

3 Comments:

  • I hear a shot of whiskey works wonders for teethers... rub some whiskey on the baby's gums, and then take the shot...go to sleep...baby might sleep through the night, might not, but you will more likely sleep....

    By Blogger 2R, at 2:00 PM  

  • first your kid rolls over and then he gets teeth - well even if he is a rocket scientist who is hitting puberty by the age of 8 months this is no competition and chanalana is an adorable mushy kid who sits up really well...and i am sure that any day she will roll over and show us her new teeth!

    By Blogger docyaak, at 8:00 PM  

  • He'll get over the teething.... just in time for potty training! Enjoy these early years, kids. Soon enough they'll be talking back and explaining why they didn't bring home their homework again!

    By Blogger Veev, at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home