The Loop

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

A Day in the Life

This morning I woke up at 7 AM so my beloved could go to Minyan at YIOP. After chatting on the horn with Golda for many minutes and my cousins in Raanana for many more, I packed out the boys at 8, and then proceeded to pop Nava in the bath for a much-needed cleansing. I called my cousin Sari to tell her our good news (no, I'm not), and was on the phone in my bedroom while Nava had bathy playtime. All of a sudden, I heard Nava screaming bloody murder! I told Sari I had to go, ran into the bathroom, and saw Baby Nava standing there pointing at the bathtub with saucer-like eyes. Shrieking and crying, she screamed, "There's stinky in the bath!!!!" over and over again. With one swift motion, I swept my shaking baby out of the water and plopped her onto the toilet; she was really crying. I cleaned out the bath while gagging, of course, and finally had it done. By this time, Nava and I were both complete wrecks. I dressed her and myself and went on with our day.

After school I took the kids rollerbalding to 7-11 for Slurpees and the boys for haircuts at Jeff's. On the way home, it was pretty windy. Ephraim piped up with, "I think March is coming in again, 'cause I can really hear the roar!"

At home, Daniel walked around singing, "L'Shana Haba'ah B'Yerushalayim, B'od Shana Va'Chetzi, Ha'Benuyah" So I think he's onboard.

Yes, I eventually bathed Nava tonight in a well-scrubbed bath. And no, I could NOT wash my hands enough today!

2 Comments:

  • I don't think I will ever jump in the tub with him again

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 9:12 AM  

  • I hate when that happens. i have learned to deal with alot, being a mom and all, but stinky in the tub is awful!!

    By Blogger Rolling hills of green, at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home