The Loop

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Major Dilemma

School is finally getting better. I got old tests to study from for my final next week (the second chance on math) and I understood statistics today. Thats harder then it seems cuz the teacher is Russian and has worse Hebrew then I do. Anyways, heres the dilemma. We have bunches of weddins coming up and engagement parties. First we have Hillel Kates engagement party out somewhere up north I think. Then Shanys friend is getting married also somewhere far away, then 2 of the guys from the army are getting married (not too each other!!) 3 days apart, then anther friends wedding. Somewhere in the middle of that all, Nissim is getting married. All in the space of two weeks, and after those two weeks are finals. So when are we supposed to study? I already decided not to go to one of the army guys weddings, but the other ones we cant get out of. Which brings up the real dilemma (what is up with the word dilemma? I thought it was dilemna, but I checked on dictionary and it said its dilemma. I think dilemna looks more normal) The real dilemma is that Shanys friend is getting married Sunday of Purim. To most of you that wouldnt matter but for those of us Yerushalmim, Sunday is our real Purim. So I'm supposed ot get drunk, have a whole seudah and then go running to a wedding? Does that make sense. So Shany said she'll go without me if I dont want to go. But who's going to help me find my apartment and put me in bed if she goes away? And I know even if she says shell go alone, she really wont like it. So should I go to the wedding drunk and in costume? I dont even know who these people are. Why are people so inconsiderate to make weddings on my Purim!?!?! I just dont understand.

11 Comments:

  • no, your shany does not want to go to the wedding alone, so either you have to get her drunk enough to stay home, although then how will you two find your home, or you will have to stay sober enough to go to the wedding...but you have to decide which one you're going to try before you're too tipsy to change your mind...

    My friend Erez went to a purim wedding two years ago dressed as the bride.

    Have fun.

    By Blogger 2R, at 9:09 PM  

  • Lol, Sar, you tear me up... OK, here's my (stupid) question. Isn't a Purim Seudah supposed to be festive, and fleischig, and contain spirits (the drinking kind). Do you see where I'm gettin' at? Why can't your Seudah be one and the same with the wedding Seudah?

    By Blogger Veev, at 9:36 PM  

  • And why do I have to hear about MY COUSIN Hillel's engagement party from David?

    By Blogger Veev, at 9:36 PM  

  • Dear Dovid

    I checked in the Shulchan Aruch- Great news- You dont HAVE to get drunk on Purim- Have an extra fine drink and then go to the wedding with my shany- Its just advise

    By Blogger dad, at 10:00 PM  

  • i think if you get trahsed ealy enough your buzz will wear out by wedding time, and then you can go to the wedding..also i think people dont think when they schedule weddings, last year i had to go a wedding on super bowl Sunday, which, similar to purim is a day set aside for drinking.

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 10:27 PM  

  • Did you hear about the engagement oarty throgh this or teh fact thats hes enaged? Cuz if you just heard that then youre outta the loop..even i knew hes engaged

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 10:46 PM  

  • Ahh the compromises of marriage. Has Shany seen you drunk yet? Would se agree to take you to a wedding drunk. It's a good thing you don't have a car.

    By Blogger Rolling hills of green, at 5:13 AM  

  • i say go to the wedding with your wife, get smashed at the wedding and sleep it off in the bus on the way home

    By Blogger docyaak, at 9:50 AM  

  • i say go to the wedding with your wife, get smashed at the wedding and sleep it off in the bus on the way home

    By Blogger docyaak, at 9:50 AM  

  • i say go to the wedding with your wife, get smashed at the wedding and sleep it off in the bus on the way home

    By Blogger docyaak, at 9:50 AM  

  • you shouldn't get drunk in shana rishona. as your rabbi

    By Blogger mom, at 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home