The Loop

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

My Little Boy's First Game

Every Wednesday I have been going to a cooking demonstration at the JCC by Chef Tim of Weight Watchers. (I ate whitefish and red snapper for the first time tonight, interesting...) Upon my arrival at home tonight, I saw my beloved sitting on the couch, wearing his mustard-yellow, Jerusalem Pizza jersey. After my laughter subsided, I asked him how long he had been wearing his "uni." Mockingly, I joked, "Two hours?" His reply, "No, Dear. An hour and a half."

I couldn't see what he was watching on TV, so I ventured a guess: Miracle, the story of the first winning USA Olympics Ice Hockey Team? "No, basketball," he answered. "But I did download Al Michaels' call - Do you believe in miracles? - among other sound-bytes onto a CD."

"Really?" I asked. "But how will your team-members benefit from these inspiring words? You gonna steal the kids' CD player, and play it up there in the locker room?"

"I don't need to," replied Arye. "I am driving some of the guys up there. We'll listen to it in the car."

Well, Arye. I hope that you used every minute of your hour and a half head start up I-75, I hope you yell a lot at the other team, I hope you play your hardest, and I hope that, for you, winning isn't optional.

5 Comments:

  • sometimes i read "the loop" and think that there has to be another one that i am just not part of cuz... HUH
    lets start at the begining
    whats a uni
    were you sitting on the couch for 1 1/2hrs or driving

    By Blogger docyaak, at 10:10 PM  

  • I'm guessing "uni" is uniform...just a guess....What does red snapper taste like?

    By Blogger stillruleall, at 4:59 AM  

  • Go team go!

    By Blogger Rolling hills of green, at 5:09 AM  

  • Devo - 1. get your kids into organized sports please. 2. He was on the couch for an hour and a half followed by RUSHING to the field house to get there an hour early

    Dav - red snapper tastes like fish

    Gol - very supportive...:)

    By Blogger Veev, at 5:02 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Veev, at 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home