The Loop

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Random Thoughts

I sit here in front of the computer thoroughly enjoying reading about the lives and thoughts of my children (both born to me and acquired at post teenage).
Golda, I'll bring you DVD's when I come, you sound so sad with the availability there. I'm glad that Yehuda is becoming his own person and not believing his father as to who he is!!
Daddy and I went to the siyum hashas here in Detroit with close to 900 other people. We watched and listened and heard wonderful divre torah and got loads of chizuk. It was long, 4 1/2 hours to be exact, but other than the few Yiddish speeches it was very inspiring.

Life here at home has many challenges, the least of which are what kind of window treatments do we get in the dining room. Living with a bonefide teenager who has "come of age" is not always easy. there are many times when the silence here is deafening, but then other times when we talk about lots of things. One never knows what the day will bring, thats the fun of it and also a challenge.

We had a Bar Mitzvah today for Levi Klein haLevi - David and Sherry's youngest son. Sherry kept remarking that this was her last bar mitzvah, and seemed to be very happy about that fact. I got home from breakfast at shul at 11 and then was going to go to a lunch and learn, Arye offered to go to lunch if I didn't learn, so he won out!!

Everyone keep posting, its fun to read and know everyone's thoughts.

We wish Naomi luck with all her loose teeth.

3 Comments:

  • Mom-

    I think you forgot one person who went to the Siyum HaShas as well and sat through the same 4 1/2 hour program...

    By Blogger Air Time, at 9:38 PM  

  • And very disapointed that you gave up learning for eating...... Shu

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 11:11 PM  

  • Now i feel better about having dinner with Uncle Mike instead of learning....dont worry mom, not really instead, I went to the daf at my shul here but they were halfway through the last mesechta! I had already been to the siyum so I couldnt start fom that far behind....but dont worry, Ifounf a new place that has the current daf...

    By Blogger stillruleall, at 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home