The Loop

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Exploding Diaper Club

Happy Mothers Day to All!! But mostly to the Mothers.
I guess I will have to wait a few years for the Good Morning Breakfast in Bed (made by the kid(s) and the husband). My wake up this morning(at 6:45am) was not quite as pleasant. But I think of it as just another "initiation" - this time into the Exploding Diapers Club. Now, I have used that term before but I always referred to a very full diaper that leaks. But Jonah's diaper this morning EXPLODED. And I got to see the stuff that diapers are made of. Apparently it's GOOP. Or more likely, crystals that turn into goop when they get wet. And I guess if they get SOO wet, it pops and the goop ends up on my baby's belly. So poor Jonah took his first shower this morning because our new house has one of those little sprayers. We got the goop off and thought it would be time to go back to bed. But apparently the Little Prince had other plans. So we stayed up and played. Well, he played and I worked. His Dad watched a stupid movie until Jonah went to sleep. Then he went to sleep. Then I went to sleep.
And we were all in much better moods when we woke up again later. The afternoon went a lot better and we spent a few hours in Point Park which is where all 3 rivers meet. And Jonah attempted to eat his first apple. Whole apple. Apparently his cousin eats apples so he should try them too. Aviva, you definitly have someone rivaling you when it comes to giving my baby new things to eat (that I am not quite comfortable with).
Shauli was going to make Fettucini Alfredo for dinner (ooh la la) but he opted for Mac and Cheese from a box in the end. So he is at the store buying milk. And we are all dreaming of the wonderful BBQ you Detroiters are having. Mm mmm mmm.
Oh yah, Shauli got me a card too (aren't you proud Veev?). And he signed it Shauli Zacks. In case I got him confused with my other "baby daddy".

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home