The Loop

Sunday, May 08, 2005

I'm an inspiration

No really, i am. At least my roommate says so. Shabbat was excellent. I stayed home this week, even though I was invited to Eli - which I have been meaning to go to for a while- b/c I hadn't really been feeling 100% this week, and I wanted to catch some sleep in my own bed. Friday night was loud, with about 20 guests, and I left a little early. Shabbat day I woke up feeling much better. Jess and I went to a friend of hers with only 10 guests - 8 of whom I knew. One guy who I haven't met yet (although he claims to have met me already) and i hit it off pretty well. Saturday night, I called the mutual friend and asked for his number, and as it turned out, he had no plans and would love to go grab burgers or pizza with me. So he picked me up in front of the apartment and off walked to Emek to grab some burgers. He loved that I called him, thought it was very cool and gutsy of me - two points: Sarra! We had a great time, and then walked around the city for a while, until at around 1am we found ourselves in front of my apartment. Shmoozed for about 10 minutes outside, and then said g'night, told him I had a great time, he thanked me for calling said he had a lot of fun...and the night ended. wheee!
Okay...he's a really nice guy - I only ask out the really nice guys. From NY (don't hold it against him), he's been living here for about 8 years off and on, made aliya about 4 years ago, but doesn't know if he's set on staying forever. I'm not letting that cloud my judgement...after he falls madly in love with me - he's not going to be leaving. He works in the computer programming world, and he's a really really cute nerd. That's it for now. I'll let you know if he calls, cuz he defenitely has to make the next call...a girl can only do so much....

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home