The Loop

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Pause for an Ephraim Moment

My Ephraim is adorable. You know him. The one with the cheeks and the round head like Charlie Brown. The one with the great laugh and the freckles we call "sprinkles." The one who says his nickname is "Effi", spells it FE and says that no one calls him that.

On Thursday I told him that there were going to be storms on Friday, so the BBQ at school would be indoors instead of at the park. On Friday I saw him at school and he said, "I don't understand. You said it was going to rain today, but we had outdoor recess and it was sunny."

I told him I had watched the Weather Channel that morning and they said it would rain after five. He seemed to be OK with that. A little later, during carpool, he told one of the other kids that it was going to rain later. The other kid said, "How do you know?" Ephriam said, "My mother saw it on the Weather Channel."

After carpool, we went over to Mom and Dad's for some pre-Shabbos hoopla with Bubi and Auntie Barbara. We didn't get home until about 6:45. As we were walking in the door, I said to Arye, "Can you believe what time it is?"

Ephraim said, "Is it after six already??" I said, "Yes, why?"

His eyes big as saucers, he looked at me incredulously, "They cancelled the storm??"

2 Comments:

  • Nobody has anything to say? OK, I'll comment:

    Oh how cute he is!! "Cancelled the rain"??? What a little genius!

    By Blogger Veev, at 9:41 PM  

  • Hey! I just found this story! I love it. It is definitely reader's digest material. I don't now why no one else saw it! It's great.

    By Blogger 2R, at 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home