The Loop

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

First for Everything

Yesterday was a bunch of firsts. I went to my first Azkara. Papa Joe died around 30 years ago, and every year they have an Azkara. Its basically mincha, then everyone reads a few pieces of Zohar, then we eat a lot, someone says a dvar Torah, and we daven maariv and go home. Interestingly, the dvar Torah was about when you kill something accidentally, and the whole arai miklat thing.
Another first was in the tremp home. the in laws stayed in bet Shemesh so we tremped home. The guy we got the ride with was flying, taking turns on almost two wheels and switching lanes back and forth. We caught up to a cop car, and here's where the first came in. He tailed the cop, made him switch out of the right lane, and flew past him. I have never seen something so cool/dumb in my life.
In other good news, I am finally insured.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home