The Loop

Friday, October 19, 2007

Shilo's Story or Thank God for Seatbelts

I knew it was going to be a bad day. I haven't been around much more then half a year, but I still knew. Mommy was going to school all day, so no good milk for me. Just Daddy trying to force bananas down my throat. I hate bananas! First Daddy tried to feed me pumped milk. who wants that? I need the real thing! Then he went on to bananas. doesn't he know how bad they taste? After that, the day got better. Daddy took me to visit Mommy for lunch, and then he made me zucchini. Zucchini is the best! He mixed in with some carrots and chicken, which are good, but nothing is like zucchini. Later Daddy and I went out to visit Auntie Sarra and look for jobs. I didn't find any. Neither did Daddy or Sarra. We went home, and then we were all going to go out shopping. I was in my stroller, strapped in, waiting by the steps. Mommy stopped to lock the door and Daddy turned to get the key from Mommy. I leaned forward to get my toy from my tray. Suddenly, my stroller moved forward! the front wheels went down one step, and then it flipped over. I was so shocked I couldn't even cry. Luckily, there are only four steps in front of my home, so the stroller only flipped over once and it was already on the ground. Daddy ran and flipped me back over and Mommy grabbed me and ran back in the house. Blood was everywhere. I was over my shock at this point and screaming like a crazy man. Mommy and Daddy started wiping off the blood and discovered it was coming from my mouth. Then Mommy and Daddy ran out of the house, and we took a cab to the emergency room. It felt like forever. I found out later that the cab driver didn't take any money from Daddy. I thought that was very sweet of him. Inside the emergency room, Mommy and Daddy didn't have any ID for me, but due to do Daddy's sweet talking, or maybe the blood gushing from my mouth, they let us in. The doctor used gauze to clean out my mouth, checked the rest of my body, wrote me a prescription, and we left. I looked at Daddy's shirt, it looked like he was a shoichet! I was still in a lot of pain, so I dozed off.
I'm still in pain but I'm getting well drugged and sleeping a lot. I also have a very fat lip. Hopefully, I wont remember this even happened by next week.
Shabbat Shalom,
Shilo Tchelet

2 Comments:

  • I'm sorry I didn't hear you on friday when you tried to tell me this, but you could have said you didn't hear me!!!
    poor baby!!

    By Blogger Rolling hills of green, at 2:43 PM  

  • its funny how seatbelts save lives, maybe now you would even use them in america

    By Blogger docyaak, at 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home