The Loop

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Teacher's Pet

It seems that my English teacher, Mrs. Bea Bailey, has singled me out as her favorite student this semester. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of learning from the German septegenarian at O.C.C., she is brilliant, funny, and VERY sarcastic. Not to mention that she's a fantastic teacher who cares for each of her students as if he or she were the only one in the class.

How do I know I am her favorite? For one, at breaks, she always comes to sit and talk to me about religion, family, and the combination of the two. For another, she recognized that I have more skills in grammar than the average O.C.C. student, having come from a private high school. So when she teaches something new, she looks at me and says, "You'll be bored with this," or "You probably know this already." Lastly, Mrs. Bailey LOVES my papers and always writes comments like "Very, very good" as she is grading me with an "A." On every quiz I have received the highest grade on which she writes "Perfect, Best in class."

OK, OK, I realize what I'm talking about here. It's Community College, I'm taking one class at a time. But for those of you who are not well-versed in Aviva History, I was the worst student! I was probably the lowest-ranked in my entire grade of 57 girls. My cumulative average for the four years was a 76%. So this is new territory for me.

And being on the Dean's List and Phi Theta Kappa is really something!

2 Comments:

  • welcome to the world of OCC! be proud of yourself. just because everyone around you is stupid doesnt make you any less smart. remember a rolling stone gathers no moss.
    you probably dont need to hear this from me but watch out for those german teachers. they get to klnow you only to stab you in the back and they hate Jews. I am speaking from my persoinal experience with the German Chemistry teacher i studied under for 3 semesters. mrs. brieger (nazi). anyway by the end she would be yelling at me in class and telling me my holidays were bogus yada yada yada.
    Keep up the good work!

    By Blogger docyaak, at 8:36 AM  

  • Vee - don't downplay the OCC dean's list {please} I never made it! {Note: I also went to private school and can speak English fluently}

    By Blogger 2R, at 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home