The Loop

Thursday, April 21, 2005

meeting Uncle Yaakov (found the original blog)

I had an interesting experience today. Sarra and i went to a Rabbi to sell my chametz. His name is R' Yaakov Zacks. I called him first, and he was very exciting that Zacks' were coming over. We went in and he stared at us for a little but. Then he told me I look like his brother Zev and Sarra looks like his aunt. He asked where we're originally from (I said W Virginia but thats not what he meant) and which Zacks fam were a part of. So I gave him the Dr Schramm story about the city getting wiped out, etc. HE got very excited cuz thats his family story too!! Then he stared at us some more and told us that we dont have any goyish blood in us. He can tell from our facial features. He took out some book and started reading to us abt the family history. Its not too good. Two of our guys were hung on Rosh Hashana. He was also excited that I'm David cuz he has a relative David. I tried to tell him I was named after Isys Dad prophetically but he wasnt listening. Hes a 19th generation Israeli. He said that thats not too long though cuz his relatives got married when they were 13. I think he said something abt his dad and gandfather being the same age...He also told me I better change the way I spell my name, cuz all the important Zacks' spell it with a shin and not a samech. Were a very big clan in this country. He's descended from the Charlap, a big Rabbi who lived here (and also has a street named after him) He agreed to lend him to us so now were also related. But the best part is what made the deal, made him a 100% sure that were related. He asked me what my brothers do, and when I told him Yaakov was becoming an eye doctor he started shaking with excitement. Then I told him Dad is an eye doctor and he yelled to his wife with joy. There are 20 Zacks' eye doctors that are related to him, we HAVE to be!! We shmoozed a bit more, he promised to find Sarra her Shidduch if she invites him to the wedding, and we left. HE was very sorry we had to go but he had to Pesach clean. He made me promise to call him after Chag and told me again I have to change how I spell my name. He also wants to meet Dad when he comes in. End of the story, I sold my chametz so I was happy. Happy Pesach to Everyone!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home