The Loop

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Baby face

Hey,
Happy Independence Day! Last night I was at the main big ceremony at har herzl bringing in Yom HaAtzmaut. It was very cool. It was even cooler since its a VIP event and everyone watches it on TV, but my sister-in-law was in it and got us tickets. Today we are having a bbq. And unlike galut Jews, I'm going to shave, cuz today is a holiday. Just another reason to live in the land....As far as saying Hallel goes, I looked up the matter, and every time there is a public miracle we are supposed to say Hallel. They said Hallel in many European cities throughout the Middle Ages whenever they were saved from an attack, and they said it every year. So, unless you look at Israel from a Satmar point of view, youre supposed to say it. For the miracle of throwing out non-Jewish rule, of bringing in the Jews to their homeland, of winning a war. I'm not sure about Jews out of Israel though. Is it considered a miracle that took place here, and we only say it in Israel, or is it a Jewish miracle and it said everywhere......Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

2 Comments:

  • What exactly did you shave?

    I said halel with a bracha and listened to the haftorah. and said special prayers and half yom tov davening...
    My reasoning was that I threw my lot in with the jews of maalot and if they all go to hell for celebrating yom haatzmaut, I'm gonna go with them.

    By Blogger rockofgalilee, at 1:30 PM  

  • your all nuts!

    By Blogger docyaak, at 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home