The Loop

Saturday, May 14, 2005

The big Fadicha (awkward scene)

hey it's shany what's up?
We just came back from shabbat at my parents' it was nice yata yata yata but what i would like to tell ya'll a sad and funny story at once. On erev Yom Haatzmaut we were invited to my friend's house for a little party, as we were about to leave the house Mendy or Menachem as he calls himself, told us not to come because the girl that was having the party got a message that her friend got in accident and was injured. A day later I get text messages to my cell that my friend Michal from Montreal was injured in an accident (she was the passanger on the motorscooter, nothing happened to the driver...). Anyways I really felt like We should go visit her' (it's only a 45 minute walk to Shaarei Tzedek Hospital from my parents house). So today I forced David to wake up so we could go. We found where she was after a lot of climbing stairs. I asked the male nurse where she is, and he pointed straight ahead, I was in shock no one prepared me to see someone with a "halo" machine that held her head and back up, and she was connected to so many wires. I felt horrible because no one said she's in that position where she can't even cough.. Anyways while I was inside David was outside making small talk with the Mom playing Jewish geography but when she came back in to talk to me, we started talking and then she told me that she used to live in Bet shemesh when she did sherut Leumi. I told her that my parents also used to live in Bet shemesh and then she understood who my parents are she said oh your Mom is Kelly & Your Dad is David Edry (My dad's old last name b4 Adar)... Then she said that she knew my Dad better so that didn't seem weird to me, later when I came home I told my mom the story and she is like oh my gosh "Shany I have to tell you a story"/ Apparently this lady (who was friendly with my mom) came to Bet shemesh to do sherut leumi, she used to hang out in the sherut leumi girls apt, where everyone used to go and chill there. One day This Girl told her that she had the biggest crush on this guy,My Mom really didn't like the guy when she first met him was convincing this Girl Not to like him' because he's 9 years older then her and she could do better. The girl went back to Montreal, and when she came to Israel a year later, my mom had gotten engaged to that girls crush(MY DAD), which makes my mom look really bad as if she wanted him so she scared the other girl away. but really my mom didnt like my dad then and only fell for him later. My parents keep telling me to invite her but I'm so embarrased. Its funny how things turn out. Good night and have a Shavua Tov

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home