The Loop

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Horrible Sounds

Argh! Help! I sit here at quarter to 9 in the morning (after my baby slept through the night but of course I didn't fall asleep until quarter to 3) with Jonah, just chilling. And he makes such a horrific sound - like he is chewing on his teeth. And then I realized oh no, he has learned how to grind his teeth. Mind you, he only has 2 whole teeth and 2 half teeth, and one quarter of a tooth but they are right on top of each other and he grates them together. I've never really been around anyone who grinds their teeth and therefore I never knew how much I hate the noise. But every time he does it, I freak out and then Jonah laughs. Right, so I know that certainly isn't the way to handle it. But does anyone know how to nip this in the bud???? Do I call the pediatrician? The dentist?? Or am I doomed to live with this noise until the dentist says Jonah has to wear a mouth thingy because he has been grinding his teeth for years and years.
Anywhoo, I hope to hear your comments and maybe someone has a miraculous way to stop it (riiiight....along with getting him to always sleep through the night , not bang his toys on the glass topped coffee table, and lean his head back in the bathtub so I can rinse off his shampoo).
Love you all, Natalie

6 Comments:

  • Try teething stuff. Maybe his teeth are bothering him.

    By Blogger Veev, at 2:01 PM  

  • maybe not reactso hteatrically to it, he probably thinks its really funny.

    By Blogger Rolling hills of green, at 2:56 PM  

  • give him drugs...works 4 e/o else!

    By Blogger SHEV, at 4:02 PM  

  • I didn't hear any grinding today at the BBQ. He did eat an entire hamburger. Complete with ketchup, mustard, onions, tomatoes and bun.

    OK, maybe not the bun.

    By Blogger Veev, at 10:00 PM  

  • Is that why Jonah had such a smelly burp tonight??? Yuck. No more onions for that one!!

    By Blogger Just Shu, at 11:07 PM  

  • OK, straight flesh next time...

    By Blogger Veev, at 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home