The Loop

Sunday, May 01, 2005

For What It's Worth...It Was Worth All The While

Pesach was excellent. At least looking back it was. At the time, going through the motions, it had its ups and downs. Was a little more emotionally charged then I'd have liked, planned or wanted, but the end result was an awesome chag with a lot of fun and adventure thrown in. I spent the whole week up in the Galil using the Maalot Zacks' home as a base. Yom Tov was fun, with good old fashion teasing and all...
Chol Hamoed started with a hike with Sim Golda and the kids, and then they left me and went camping. I decided against camping with them, although I probably would have had a great time. I just wasn't in the mood. All my hiking friends had bailed on me, and I was in the mood to be miserable. It was a little hard to be miserable surrounded by such beauty and coolness. I took my trying to be miserable self to the beach for a little R&R and read an awesome book I'd recommend to everyone (except for Aviva) called Night Fall. The book was great, the beach was awesome, and I hitched home relaxed and ready for tomorrow. I borrowed some movies from the SJ's, was invited on a hike with David & Amalia, and heard from my roommate Jessica that she was going to come up. Things were looking up. Jessica and I met in Teveria - thanx to "Zohar" who drove me from Carmiel. We went on a boat ride, ate out, and chilled on the promanade. Then we caught a lift out of Teveria to Tzefat. We decided to chill there for the night - no really chill...in the cold...without a place to sleep or a sleeping bag... When I had chilled enough I woke Jessica up and told her we needed to find a warmer place. So we met our new friends who "broke into" the midrasha where we found couches and blankets and running water & toilet paper! whoo-hooo. Jessica was glad I woke her! We slept there until the next afternoon when we ventured out to find food. We ran into some friends from Yerushalayim who were on their way to Nahariya. So we got a ride with them, chilled on the beach some more, and then met Sim & Golda for an A+ steak fest. I'm now an expert chips maker. Friday we went off hiking some more, and met a new friend - Ariel - who lives up in Maalot. I'm going to probably hire him to work for me as a madrich in May, so this all worked out amazingly. Shabbos/Yom Tov was awesome! The agam was fun, the SJ's were great company, and of course nothing beats Sim & Golda's. So all in all...I had a pretty hard time being miserable.

1 Comments:

  • sounds like it all worked out in the end, I'm glad.
    Love you

    By Blogger mom, at 1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home