The Loop

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Power of Prayer

Lots of things have been going on here. Firstly, we went to people we didnt like for Shabbat. It wasnt so much fun. Then we went to an engagement party in Rechovot. We wanted to be there around 830, we got there around 10. Mainly cuz our Shabbat host decided he knew how to get there, and he didnt. We got home around 1. I had a final this morning at 830. So I had to get up around 630. I raced around, davening and getting ready and what not, then ran to the 7 oclock bus. Usually the bus takes 45 minutes, but in the morning at takes over an hour. So I get to the bus stop exactly at 7 and watch as the bus pulls away. There are usually five moniot sherut hitting their horns begging people to come with them, but of course, today there were none. So I had to wait for the next bus at 720. Of course, there were no seats, so I sat on the floor. I tried studying, but my tush hurt sitting on the floor, so i had to stand. At 830, while I was still sitting on the bus, I called the school and told them my problem. that I was stil on the bus and we were sitting in traffic, etc. They told me that I'd have to talk to my professor and get the test at another time, probably next year. At that point i prayed to G-d to please ge tme to the test on time. Right then this old guy told me overheard my conversation, that I'm allowed to come a half hour late. We got to school at 850, and he went with me to the office, apperently he worked there, and got me a note to excuse my lateness and for extra time at the end. I ran and took my test. Unfortunately, I was only thinking of getting the test on time, I didnt pray for me to do well. So I dont know if I passed.....Later when I was tremping home, I prayed for a tremp to pick me up. After an hour I gave up and went and watched a movie with Mendy. Then I went back to the tremping spot and got a tremp within a minute of getting there. I think that G-d wanted me to watch a movie and then get a tremp, thats why he didnt get me one right away. It was a good movie......

4 Comments:

  • God works in mysterious ways

    By Blogger Veev, at 1:46 PM  

  • I just listened to a tape about Hashem echud u'shmo echud- it is important to realized that it is the same Hashem that you are asking " get me to the test on time" that wanted you to miss the bus and the moniot sherut- Now your job is to fiqure out why?

    By Blogger dad, at 5:45 PM  

  • I like to think of the song Unanswered Prayers at times like these

    By Blogger Air Time, at 11:07 PM  

  • so you only post on the "loop" now? now more "david zacks - independent blogger?" you're making yourself a part of the zacks familiy blog conglomorate now... ok.

    and you saying the movie was good gives off the impression that you did not fall asleep in the middle. which is misleeding...

    By Blogger Menachem, at 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home